Mitts and Merrill Profile
At Mitts and Merrill we pledge to consistently meet or exceed our customers expectations by consistently delivering and innovating the best quality machines and tooling at the lowest price.
Mitts & Merrill, then located in Saginaw, Michigan developed the machine tool known as the Keyseater and Vertical cutting machine. The machine patented in 1897 was used to cut or clean-up internal keyways or splines in bores of gears, pulley, ship propellers, etc.
Mitts & Merrill developed the first automatic feed keyseater allowing the operator to do other tasks.
Mitts & Merrill designed the first hydraulic keyseater after extensive research and development.
This machine with its better control cut a more precise keyway.
Mitts & Merrill designed the "B" line keyseater, the first with solid state electronics.
These machines are capable of cutting a keyway up to 6" wide, 75" long in parts weight up to 100.000 pounds.
Mitts & Merrill introduced the redesigned "K-Series" Machines. These machines were all numeric controlled.
Mitts & Merrill was purchased by Maschinenfabrik FRÖMAG and moved into a brand new facility in Harvard,
IL.. Along with selling and servicing their own keyseater line, they also now sell and service the FRÖMAG line of keyseaters in North, Central and South America.
Mitts & Merrill introduced the redesigned Frömag electo-mechanical keyseater machine. These machines were developed using the extensive techonology of the Frömag group which keeps it a leader in precise keyway technology.
Mitts & Merrill merged its two plants into the Florida location